Arc has been an interesting spare time project. Arc began in 2005 as a library that needed to be developed in order to complete my Warbots game project. After 3 years, it slowly took on a life of its own as I forgot about Warbots. I wrote code that would be useful to me and assimilated it into one library.
I have learned much about the D language, binding, and writing 2D game style code. I’ve had fun, but time doesn't permit anymore to actively develop 2D game code.
ArcLib will now move into maintenance phase. For this maintenance phase I have split ArcLib up into an ArcLib core and several extensions.
Current Arc Project Structure
1. Arc Core
2. Arc Extensions
- Blaze 2d physics
- Freetype font rendering
- GUI (currently crashes, however, due to assocArray.keys call, but tech has worked well in past)
- OpenAL sound
- Particle system
These extensions will all depend on the ArcLib core, but compatibility between extensions will not be guaranteed.
From now on, ArcLib will be on a yearly maintenance cycle.
ArcLib and all its extensions should soon be installable via DSSS as well.
Only example code will be kept up-to-date, tutorials and the like will not be.